SIMS Student–Easy Access to Important School Information
We have a convenient way of sharing information with you. The information that you receive through SIMS Parent will help you to stay up-to-date with school life. You can access SIMS Student from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere.
What Will You Find in SIMS Student?
- Important information such as attendance, behaviour and achievement, timetable and homework.
- Your Progress Reviews, Reports and Pastoral Star Reports.
- School term and inset dates at the click of a button. You will also receive notifications to remind you about information such as key dates for your diary.
Getting started with the SIMS Student app
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store – search for SIMS Student. From a PC, login online at www.sims-student.co.uk
- You will receive an activation email to your KJS email account that contains a registration link and an invitation code. This email will be sent from Capita SIMS (email@example.com). If you cannot find this email, please check your junk mail and ensure that it has not been marked as SPAM. To access your emails go to https://kingjames.rmunify.com (username and password are identical to your login details you use to access the school PCs).
- Click the Accept Invitation button in the invitation email.
- The Activate Your Account screen is displayed. Click the Register with an External Account button.
- Select Microsoft to register. On clicking the Microsoft button, you will be transferred to Microsoft to complete standard account authentication.
- Sign in to you Microsoft Account using your KJS username and password.
- Click the Yes button to grant SIMS ID permission to access your information. This screen is only displayed the first time you register an email address.
- The Registration screen appears. Your email address and third-party provider are displayed so you can confirm you have used the intended credentials. Paste your personal invite code from your invitation email into the Invitation Code field. Click the Register button.
- At the Account Registration screen, answer the security question and click the Verify button. This is for security purposes only. Your account is set up and configured. On completion, your SIMS service launches.
- You can now go to the Student app or www.sims-student.co.uk and Sign In using your KJS username and password.
Please note that the activation email is unique to you and should not be used by anyone else.
If you have any queries, or require any assistance, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For a guide on how to setup SIMS Student, please click here