Our Character Curriculum is designed to establish clear standards/routines/behaviour norms expected of all (staff and students) around school during lessons/social times:
- Reflect our core values and ethos, so all stakeholders are clear as to ‘how we do things around here.’
- Outline the offer we provide to each of our key stakeholders in order to deliver our expectations, routines and the King James’s Way.
- Set out the standards, routines, behaviour and character ‘norms’ we expect of all our staff and students inside and outside of the classroom.
- Set out the standards and routines we expect from the school community during social times i.e. break and lunches.
It is delivered through three approaches:
|Character Curriculum & the Tutor Time Programme: Culture
|Character Curriculum & Pastoral: Attendance and Behaviour
|Character Curriculum & Faculties: Routines
- Character Curriculum & the Tutor Time Programme: Culture ... addresses how the tutor time and assembly programme will promote and support key messages
- Character Curriculum & Pastoral: Attendance and Behaviour ... sets out key expectations and means of communication with staff, students and their parents
- Character Curriculum & Faculties: Routines ... addresses key behaviours in class time and lesson routines for learning