SIMS Student–Easy Access to Important School Information
We have a convenient way of sharing information with you about your child’s school life. The information that you receive through SIMS Parent will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s daily school life as well as helping you to support your child’s development and progress. You can access SIMS Parent from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere. If you have more than one child at school, you will have access to information for all your children, from the same app.
What Will You Find in SIMS Parent?
- Important information such as attendance, behaviour and achievement, timetable and homework.
- Your child’s Progress Reviews, Reports and Pastoral Star Reports.
- School term and inset dates at the click of a button. You will also receive notifications to remind you about information such as key dates for your diary.
- Access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency.
Using and Getting started with the SIMS Parent app
- To avoid accidentally registering with the wrong account (especially if you are working on a shared computer), sign out of all accounts or use a private browser window.
- We will send you an activation email to the email address that we have recorded for you in the School’s Management information System (SIMS). Simply Click the Accept Invitation button in the invitation email from no email@example.com. If you cannot find this email, please check your SPAM/Junk folder before contacting school.
- The Activate Your Account screen is displayed. Click the Register with an External Account button.
- Select one of these Third-Party providers to register: Apple ID, Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Microsoft/Office 365. If you do not yet have one of these types of account, they are free and easy to set up. On clicking one of these buttons, you will be transferred to the Third Party to complete standard authentication.
- Sign in to your Third-Party account.
- Click the Yes button to grant SIMS ID permission to access your information. This screen is only displayed the first time you register and email address with SIMS ID.
- The Registration screen appears. Your email address and third-party provider are displayed so you can confirm you have used the intended credentials. Paste your personal invite code from your invitation email into the Invitation Code field. Click the Register button.
- At the Account Registration screen, answer the security question and click the Verify button. This is for security purposes only. This information will not be used in the SIMS Online Services system. Your account is set up and configured. On completion, your SIMS Online Service launches.
- From your smartphone or tablet, download the app from the Google Play or Apple App store – search for SIMS Parent. From a PC or Windows phone, login at www.sims-parent.co.uk
- To sign in to your account, click the icon for the provider that you registered with. Enter your username and password, then click the Sign in button.
For an illustrated guide on how to setup SIMS Parent, please click here.
To create a Google Account, please click here.
To create a Microsoft Account, please click here.
If you require a further activation code sending, or if you have any questions, or would like some help in getting started, please contact Joanne Hodgson firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel 01484 412990, Ext 217.