The Metro webpage for our school is here
Details of all our school buses can be found here
Details of our code of conduct for travel on school buses can be found here
Bus Break Downs
Details of all our protocol for bus break downs can be found her Download/View
Late Bus Service (K98) - Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Due to the popularity of our extra-curricular activities and the late opening of the Independent Learning Centre we organise a late bus on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings. The late bus leaves the Bus Bay at 4.15 pm and is free of charge.
It drops off in Lepton, Grange Moor, Kirkheaton and Dalton.
16.15 > Departs school - travels along Woodsome Road onto Rowley Lane
16.22 > Arrives Lepton Sun Inn - continues up Rowley Lane to Wakefield Road
16.30 > Arrives Grange Moor - continues down Wakefield Road towards Waterloo
16.42 > Arrives Waterloo - continuing all the way on Wakefield Road turning right into Dalton Green Lane
17.56 > Arrives Kirkheaton - continues along Dalton Bank Road to Colne Bridge
17.15 > Arrives Bradley - returns to depot
Bus Behaviour Code For School Buses
This Code has been written by the school and is supported by Metro. The basic thrust of this Code is based on the Health and Safety of all students.
- Students will remain seated during all parts of the journey.
- Students will act in a responsible and safe manner at all times.
- Students will act in a courteous manner with one another, the bus driver and with members of the public.
- There shall be no smoking on school buses.
- Students will not ring the bell on the bus other than to indicate the point at which they alight.
The following sanctions will take effect when reports of students not following this Code are drawn to our attention.
- Students will receive a verbal warning about their conduct from their Pastoral Leader and parents/carers will be informed.
- Students could receive a written warning about their conduct from a Senior Assistant Principal and will receive a fixed term exclusion from the school bus for a period of 2-10 days depending on the seriousness of the offence.
- If students are involved in inappropriate behaviour for a second time they will receive a fixed term exclusion from the school bus for a period of 2-10 days depending on the seriousness of the offence.
- If poor behaviour continues then it will result in a permanent exclusion from the school bus.
For serious offences, sanction 2 or 3 may occur straight away. Seating plans may be
introduced on school buses in the future.
The most up to date information, including new school transport timetables and safety guidance, can be found at www.wymetro.com/schools
A reminder that face coverings are mandatory on public transport and dedicated school buses for 11s and over