Covid-19 Symptoms, Testing and Isolation
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- as soon as possible. Alternatively you can call 119.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Here are some useful documents:
- School isolation flowchart for parents View document
- School isolation guide for parents View document
- Covid 19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection Link
- Letter to parents and guardians: when you book a coronavirus test for your child Link