Wellbeing for staff
As a school, we take staff wellbeing seriously and have introduced a number of measures to support staff in many different ways.
The Staff Forum are looking at the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter and have asked staff to prioritise the criteria.
What we have done so far:
We should drive down unnecessary workload
- Faculty marking policies are being reviewed in Curriculum Team Meetings.
- Duties have been reduced for teaching staff to cut workload.
- Staff meetings are continually reviewed and have been reduced when appropriate.
- The number of staff emails have been reduced, for example, the Senior Leadership Group do group updates rather than separate emails.
- Ian Rimmer as Principal regularly discusses 1265 hours with union representatives to ensure clarity and transparency.