Wellbeing for students
What we do for students:
- We have a full time Welfare Officer and Wellbeing Mentor who work with the Pastoral team to ensure that students who need additional help and support, can access this.
- We have trained Peer Mentors who work with Year 7 students to enable them to settle in to the new routines in school.
- ur Wellbeing Mentor runs exam stress workshops for students struggling with exams.
- Our PSHCE curriculum includes units of work on physical health, sexual health and mental health.
- We have a core group of Senior Students who focus on health and wellbeing in order to develop new strategies and ideas.
- We have trained Student Wellbeing Champions who teach Year 7 students about mental health and wellbeing in form time. We follow the Peer Education Programme from the Mental Health Foundation.
Useful health and wellbeing links for students:
Calm harm app: Calm Harm was designed to help aid in reducing thoughts of self-harm and anxiety. Calm Harm provides tasks that help you resist or manage the urge to self harm. You can add your own tasks too and it's completely private.
Give us a shout: Shout is a free text messaging service which provides 24/7 support for anyone experiencing a mental health crisis.
Kooth: Kooth.com is an anonymous, online counselling and support service for children and young people in Kirklees.
Luke's Lads: Luke's Lads is a male only fitness and wellbeing support session based in Batley, Yorkshire for men aged 11+ which encourages positive mental health support.
The Mix: The Mix is the UK's leading support service for young people. We are here to help you take on any challenge you're facing.
Young Minds: YoungMinds are a mental health charity for children, young people and their parents, making sure all young people can get the mental health support they need.