King James’s School is a successful, oversubscribed comprehensive high school, serving a suburban area and a scatter of villages to the east and south of Huddersfield. It is situated approximately 2 miles from the centre of Huddersfield in a semi-rural position overlooking the Farnley Valley. The School was designated a Specialist Science College in 2004 and became an Academy in September 2012. King James’s, whose origins go back to the thirteenth century, has occupied its present site since 1547. The school continues to go from strength to strength having been designated 'Outstanding' for 'Leadership and Management' and 'Achievement of Pupils' in our most recent Ofsted Inspection (March 2015).